Laura couldn’t choose between study and travel – so she thought, why not have both?
We’ve only got so much time on this earth, so it can be hard to stomach the 9 to 5 life, and the daily commute that goes hand in hand. While work itself can be enjoyable and meaningful, the commitment of a traditional work week leaves us with very little time and energy. When do we get to live life on our terms?
But there are people out there who reject tradition, and opt for a life that not only earns them a living, but allows them the freedom to knock more off their bucket list than the average person. Laura is one such individual, who puts her love for travelling first, and takes jobs as they come, both online and offline. Her current home is in Tonga, where she works in the management team for Fafa Island Resort. She also manages the projects of an Australian blogger, helping to proofread, troubleshoot and review designs.
After living off odd jobs for nearly a decade, Laura decided she wanted a more concrete career path. Further study was her plan of attack, and to cater to her travel bug, she enrolled online through OUA to continue living abroad. In 2014, Laura completed Curtin University’s Bachelor of Arts (Internet Communications). Her degree has strengthened her capability as a professional in the digital space. “More and more companies are developing online businesses now” Laura says. “So working in a virtual team is probably going to become the new norm”.
More and more companies are developing online businesses now” Laura says. “So working in a virtual team is probably going to become the new norm”.
Laura loves her life, where everyday is different. One of her ambitions is to coach other women, who want to work remote jobs while on the road, just as she does. You only live once, and Laura is determined to make it count. Reach out to her at her website.
Don’t waste a moment
If a new beginning is what you’re after, one of the best ways to move forward is through study. If you’re not in a position to drop everything to go to uni – don’t worry – few people are. OUA allows you to study online in your own time and space.
- Find the right degree for you – We can guide you in your selection from over hundreds of degrees from leading Australian unis.
- Start studying, regardless of history – We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
- Gain credit towards your degree – Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
- Graduate with a degree from a leading uni – Study through us, but graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
- Feel supported from start to finish – Our Student Advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
Bachelor of Arts – Murdoch
Bachelor of Arts – Macquarie
Bachelor of Arts – Griffith
Bachelor of Communication – UniSA
Bachelor of Digital Media – UniSA