Nessa is passionate about the health industry—she's continuously developing skills through online study, that help people better their lives.
Most of her professional life, Nessa worked in HR for organisations in the community health sector. “I wouldn’t work outside of this industry… I absolutely love it, I’m passionate about it” smiles Nessa. Her passion for helping people gets her out of bed in the morning, and through the doors of Merri Health – where she works as the General Manager of People and Communications.
Reaching the role of General Manager didn’t happen overnight. Despite her busy schedule, Nessa knuckled down, and completed Griffith University’s Master of Employment Relations, online through OUA. She’d studied through OUA before – it was a great fit considering she was still working and has two young children to nurture. Her favourite subject was Negotiation and Dispute Resolution, which allowed her to simulate real life negotiations. She swears by this knowledge, and is able to put it to use everyday.
"Leaders and managers in the past have talked about the importance of theory behind practice. So that was really the driver.”
Nessa dreams of becoming CEO of a local organisation for community health and social support. To help her get there, she’s now studying a second Masters degree – RMIT’s MBA, again through OUA. “Leaders and managers in the past have talked about the importance of theory behind practice” Nessa recalls “So that was really the driver”. Nessa is armed with growing knowledge and experience, and to new challenges, she says bring it on.
Arm yourself for new challenges
Experience is invaluable, but pairing it with theory is a truly ‘killer combo’. There’s no better time than now to make a start, especially online through OUA.
- Find the right degree for you – We can guide you in your selection from over a hundred degrees, and over a thousand subjects, from leading Australian unis.
- Start studying, regardless of history – We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
- Gain credit towards your degree – Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
- Graduate with a degree from a leading uni – Study through us, but graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
- Feel supported from start to finish – Our Student Advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
Master of Human Rights – Curtin
Bachelor of Business – Swinburne