How to become a legal executive
What does a legal executive do?Legal executives deal with cases involving property rights, corporate law, wills and trusts and lawsuit cases. They work on behalf of clients, providing information and regulations as well as representing them in legal action. They should have strong working knowledge of legal practices and stipulations and be able to analyse large amounts of information to advise clients on the best form of action.
Duties and tasks
- Analyse a variety of legal documents such as property sales contracts, mortgage documents, ownership rights, etc.
- Collect and analyse information from client cases and determine laws, regulations and legal actions to be taken regarding their cases.
- Compose terms and conditions of property contracts, land taxes and other related matters; draft wills and trusts on behalf of clients.
- Prepare documents and conduct investigations and interviews to build cases on behalf of clients or businesses.
- Research and remain informed on relevant changes in the law.
- Retain accurate and up-to-date legal files of client cases.
- Work on behalf of clients to determine if there are any planned developments, illegal building or disputes in property ownership where clients have interests.
- Australian Institute of Conveyancers
- Law Council of Australia
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Law Society of South Australia
- The Law Society of Western Australia
- Queensland Law Society
Discover online law courses
Discover online law subjects
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.