How to become a library technician
What does a library technician do?
Duties and tasks
- Implement library database and classification systems as well as research applications and train staff on proper usage.
- Input and edit data in computer database systems.
- Manage operational functions of library systems and services.
- Organise and sequence printed and electronic library materials.
- Perform research tasks and authenticate bibliographic data.
- Process audio-visual materials and equipment, convert files and facilitate proper functioning.
- Support librarians with any additional tasks to uphold the overall quality and functioning of the library.
- Audiovisual librarian
- Childrens librarian
- Corporate librarian
- Information manager
- Legal librarian
- Parliamentary librarian
- Reference librarian
Discover related degrees
Master of Health Information Management
- Data Analytics Specialisation
- Information Governance Specialisation
- Strategic Leadership Specialisation
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.