How to become a production & industrial engineer
Use project management and engineering skills to develop industrial and mechanical processing facilities.
What does a production & industrial engineer do?
Duties and tasks
- Coordinate labour and manpower at building sites.
- Design layout for future industrial facilities.
- Determine the cost effectiveness of given programs and mechanical projects.
- Develop plans for mechanical processes and systems.
- Draw up plans for mechanical equipment and machines.
- Inspect machinery to ensure everything is up to specified code.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.