How to become an engineer
What does an engineer do?
Duties and tasks
- Analyse technology, resources and market demand to identify potential projects.
- Consult with management, production and marketing staff regarding project details.
- Coordinate and supervise projects.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Hire, train and assign staff.
- Prepare contracts, budgets and bids.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
How to write a business plan
Thinking about striking out on your own and starting your own company? Here's how to create an effective business plan.