How to become an engineer
What does an engineer do?
Duties and tasks
- Analyse technology, resources and market demand to identify potential projects.
- Consult with management, production and marketing staff regarding project details.
- Coordinate and supervise projects.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Hire, train and assign staff.
- Prepare contracts, budgets and bids.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.