How to become an aged carer
What does an aged carer do?
Duties and tasks
- Assist the elderly with personal care activities such as bathing and dressing, and mobility
- Cook and prepare meals, beverages and other requested items for clients
- Evaluate clients needs, circumstances and goals by speaking with the client and family members, health professionals and others who may be familiar with the client
- Offer emotional and mental support and companionship to clients
- Organise social activities for clients and help them prepare for it
- Perform household chores for clients including sweeping, vacuuming, sanitising bathrooms and kitchen
- Run errands on behalf of clients and shop for food and other household items
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
How upskilling or re-skilling could improve your post-COVID-19 career options
Almost every industry has faced immense changes over the course of the COVID-19 crisis. How are you boosting your skillset to secure your career?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.