How to become an aged carer
What does an aged carer do?
Duties and tasks
- Assist the elderly with personal care activities such as bathing and dressing, and mobility
- Cook and prepare meals, beverages and other requested items for clients
- Evaluate clients needs, circumstances and goals by speaking with the client and family members, health professionals and others who may be familiar with the client
- Offer emotional and mental support and companionship to clients
- Organise social activities for clients and help them prepare for it
- Perform household chores for clients including sweeping, vacuuming, sanitising bathrooms and kitchen
- Run errands on behalf of clients and shop for food and other household items
Step up your career with these resources
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
How to write a business plan
Thinking about striking out on your own and starting your own company? Here's how to create an effective business plan.