Lotteries Agents are salespersons who specifically deal with the sale of lottery tickets. They sell and pick up lottery tickets to be used in periodic lottery drawings. They should have strong ethical standards and excellent communication skills to encourage customers to buy tickets.
Duties and tasks
- Administer the sales of one or multiple lottery games to customers.
- Print or collect lottery tickets from collection points and deliver them to lottery sales points.
- Process payments from lottery ticket sales and issue appropriate amount to lottery agencies.
- Provide information on different lotteries, rules and stakes of them.
- Strategize sales and marketing techniques to promote and expand lottery sales.
- Work with lotteries to advertise high-stake lottery drawings and encourage sales.
- Coordination Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Organisational Skills
- Strong Oral and Persuasive Skills
- Time Management
Lotteries Agents typically work based on appointment schedules and times for lottery sales. They may work off of commission from lottery ticket sales and may need to travel locally to administer sales.
Professional associations / Industry information
Related jobs and job titles
- Bank Officer
- Fashion Sales Assistant
- Fast Food Sales Assistant
- Pharmacy Sales Assistant
- Retail Manager
- Sales Assistant