Lawn Mowers use electronic or manual machines to cut grass, trim shrubs and cut back trees in residential settings, parks or public gardens. They should be able to perform manual labour for long periods of time outdoors.
Duties and tasks
- Assist Gardeners in planting, watering, and transporting flowers, plants, trees in yard or area
- Cut and trim lawns and overgrowth of plants and trees in residential yards, gardens or public parks
- Ensure sprinkler and irrigation systems are functioning properly for lawn to successfully grow; inform management or clients of problems
- Load, unload and transport equipment and tools to different site locations and pack up when finished
- Operate a variety of gardening tools and equipment including lawn mowing machines to cut grass and maintain gardens
- Remove garbage and discarded plants from work areas and maintain overall appearance.
- Attention to Detail
- Organisation Skills
- Physical Fitness
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
Working conditionsLawn Mowers typically work Monday to Fridays but may have varied schedules according to a clients needs. They work off of scheduled maintenance and mowing times. They must perform manual labour and operate machinery and should be able to work for long hours outdoors in sometimes hot and uncomfortable working conditions.
Professional associations / Industry informationAustralian Institute of Horticulture Inc
Australian institute of landscape architects
Related jobs and job titles
- General Gardener
- Horticultural Assistant
- Horticultural Tradesperson
- Landscape Architect