Introduction to Arts Education
Your upfront cost: $0
- 11 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Explain and analyse the key values underlying the inclusion of the Arts in school education.
- Identify the elements of each of the five art forms (dance, drama, media arts, media arts, music and visual art) through experiential practice.
- Synthesise key literature and apply the Australian Curriculum in the Arts’ organising strands of making and responding to plan for integrated cross-curriculum arts learning.
- Appraise the critical role of the teacher in initiating quality Arts education in and across the curriculum.
- Subject's topics to be confirmed prior to semester commencement.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No additional requirements
This subject provides an introduction to working with the Arts in educational contexts. In this subject you will develop an understanding of the distinctive value of Arts education, particularly the opportunities that it provides to deliver integrated and creative early childhood and primary learning experiences. By the end of this subject, you will be better able to articulate the value of the Arts in education; engage with the essential elements and processes of each of the five art forms (dance, drama, media arts, music and visual art); apply the Arts organising strands of making and responding across the art form areas; and understand the critical role of the teacher in initiating quality arts education in and across a school curriculum.
- AT2 Arts Education Blog (ePortfolio) (40%)
- AT3 Lesson Sequence (50%)
- AT1 Tutorial Task (Personal Reflection and Question) (10%)
Current study term: 10 Jul 22 to 16 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.