Financial Planning Skills
Your upfront cost: $0
- 11 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon successful completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Explain the evolution of behavioural finance in a financial advice context.
- Describe individual behavioural patterns as applied across different societal and demographic contexts.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and non-verbally and engage positively in dealings with clients and peers.
- Analyse and evaluate ethical practice and professional standards in providing financial advice.
- Construct and present a compliant comprehensive Statement of Advice.
- Subject's topics to be confirmed prior to semester commencement.
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
The purpose of this subject is to provide you with guidelines on how to communicate effectively with your clients and to ensure that you have the appropriate information from them to provide them with the best possible advice. This subject has been designed to provide you with suggested questions and formats for compliance to the current legislative requirements of “knowing your client” before you provide them with a detailed financial plan or statement of advice.
The object of this subject, therefore, is to assist you to gain the skills necessary to establish a harmonious rapport with your clients that will, in turn, build a lasting relationship.
- Capstone project (40%)
- Reflective Journal (25%)
- Application questions and research project (35%)
Current study term: 10 Jul 22 to 16 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.