Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Online & on-campus
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Analyse your learned skills and knowledge within a practical work-based project.
- Integrate acquired skills, capabilities and knowledge from your university studies to a workplace project.
- Critically reflect and interpret your learning into practice.
- Internship Seminar
- Internship Workshop 1
- Internship Workshop 2
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- Placement requirements - You will undertake a corporate internship (project/s and or tasks) with a public, private or not-for-profit business in Tasmania that employs or trains staff. You will be assigned an Internship Mentor from within the organisation who will support you during your work placement.
This Subject integrates work and learning for final year Masters degree students. It carries 25 Credit Points (equivalent to two Subjects), and is an elective subject or specialisation subject in Masters degree offered by the TSBE. You will undertake a corporate internship (project/s and or tasks) with a public, private or not-for-profit business in Tasmania that employs or trains staff. You will be assigned an Internship Mentor from within the organisation who will support you during your work placement. Specific work projects, assignments and related duties you will undertake will be determined in consultation between yourself, the nominated representative/s of the internship business (your Internship Mentor), and the TSBE. This will ensure appropriate standards are maintained and the work project/s and related tasks relate to one or more of your study majors. For the duration of the internship period, the internship team will liaise closely with yourself and the Internship Mentor.
- Placement/Attendance (100%)
Current study term: 11 Jul 21 to 17 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.