Project Risk Management
Utilise various analysis techniques to investigate risk at different stages of a project’s lifecycle. Differentiate strategic and operational risk. Devise ways to mitigate and control risk. Switch onto computer-based risk management tools.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate an international perspective to the knowledge area of project risk and uncertainty management processes as applied across project life-cycles
- distinguish and apply different analysis appropriate for each project life-cycle phase, including distinguishing between strategic risk and operational (business) risk
- demonstrate an ability to apply advanced skills and knowledge to identify, analyse and evaluate risk in complex project environments
- generate practical and appropriate risk management plans to mitigate and control risk
- critically evaluate and adopt computer based systems to capture lessons learnt and manage risk
- Examination of alternative methodologies
- Uncertainty management
- Risk identification, analysis and evaluation
- Risk at different phases of project life-cycle
- Risk tools and techniques
- Risk mitigation and treatment methods
- Computer based risk management and compliance systems
- Project risk knowledge management and lessons learnt
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject will provide you with an advanced level of theoretical and technical knowledge of risk management processes and methodologies as applied across the life-cycle of a project.
- Online activities (30%)
- Group project (1300-1500 words per person) (30%)
- Group assignment (40%)