Procurement and Purchasing Management
Familiarise yourself with the key procurement principles that inform the supply chain management process. Log onto e-procurement systems. Critique strategic procurement practices. Engage with the issues that arise when sourcing internationally.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- understand purchasing scope and development
- conceptually analyse strategic procurement for supply chain management
- identify, and recommend key procurement issues and evaluate applications in a team environment and present the outcome
- elaborate on outsourcing, corporate social responsibility and e-procurement
- examine international case studies on procurement and present a knowledge report.
- Purchasing scope and development
- Strategic procurement and supply chain management
- Outsourcing, sourcing strategies and relationships
- Price and total cost of ownership
- International and global sourcing
- Corporate social responsibility
- E-procurement systems
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
In order to have an effective supply chain or run an effective enterprise, managers need to be aware of purchasing principles that can provide them with a competitive edge in the market.
This subject aims to provide you with the concepts around major issues of procurement and purchasing management and the related strategies for planning, analysis, design and development of strategic procurement for supply chain management.
- Continuous Assessment - 1000 words (30%)
- Major Individual Assignment - 3000 words (30%)
- Group Assignment - 2500 words (40%)