Operations and Project Management for Engineers
Engineer principles in operations management and project planning in manufacturing. Apply control methods and analyse decisions. Gain skills in operations, resource planning and inventory management. Calculate work measurements and estimate projects.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Aug 2019
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- explain the basic principles in operations management
- develop a strategic framework for manufacturing competitiveness
- apply appropriate techniques in the planning and management of manufacturing operations and the management of manufacturing projects
- develop a suitable monitoring and control technique to evaluate the process of a project
- recommend improved procedures into existing manufacturing activities.
- Operations planning and control
- Inventory management
- Aggregate and resource planning
- Decision making
- Work measurement
- Project management
- Engineering economic analysis
- Project estimation and scheduling
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Virtual Classroom
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio headset with microphone are required to access weekly consultation and help desk facilities.
The subject introduces students to the concepts and methods in operations management and project planning and control. There are eight topics: operations planning and control; inventory management; aggregate and resource planning; decision making analysis; work measurement and time standards; project management and structuring; engineering economic analysis; and project estimation and scheduling.
- Continuous (30%)
- Group (35%)
- Group Project (35%)
Textbook information is pending.
Associate Degree in Engineering
- Restricted - Core Subject Civil Engineering
- Restricted - Major in Civil Engineering
- Restricted - Core Subject in Mechanical Engineering
- Restricted - Major in Mechanical Engineering