- Introduction to dynamics and vectorial approach to dynamics (with emphasis on planar motion).
- Kinematics of particles.
- Kinetics of particles.
- Kinematics and kinetics of rigid bodies.
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Virtual Classroom
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
- EquipmentDetails - Audio headset with microphone are required to access weekly consultation and help desk facilities.
This subject will introduce the fundamentals of engineering dynamics. It will develop the skills in how to model and analyse the motion of particles and rigid bodies as a foundation for dynamic analysis of mechanical systems. This fundamental subject will also help develop engineers eyes to understand how machines work, and develop an engineering mindset to present and communicate work in a clear and concise written format.
- Practical (10%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Quiz (10%)
- Assignment (30%)
Textbook information is pending.
Associate Degree in Engineering
- Restricted - Core Subject Civil Engineering
- Restricted - Major in Civil Engineering
- Restricted - Core Subject in Mechanical Engineering
- Restricted - Major in Mechanical Engineering