Contract Management in Defence Projects
Bolster your knowledge of the contracts that underpin defence industry projects. Prepare a supply chain management plan. Lead an investigation into the defence budgeting cycle and find out how it impacts things like procurement and logistics.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
- 20 Jul 2020
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an integrated understanding of contract types including the procurement environment and key participants.
- Critically analyse the defence budgeting cycle including Acquisition versus Sustainment Funding.
- Work in teams to develop a Supply Chain Management plan that includes Government Furnished (GF) Supplies.
- Work in teams to develop a Vendor information management plan that includes integrating data into the project and vendor support into and beyond acceptance.
- Work in teams to reflect on and synthesise issues and concepts in Obsolescence, Warranty and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Management.
- Communicate effectively in oral, written and graphical formats incorporating relevant information.
- Project Management best practice
- Multi-pass vendor selection process within the defence budgeting cycle
- Supply Chain Management plans
- Vendor information management plans for application in the defence industry
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
No special requirements
This unit will provide you with an advanced and integrated understanding of how project management best practice can be applied to the defence industry for the management of complexity and logistics, and to enhance procurement and contract management outcomes.
- Report - 1500 words (30%)
- Group assignment - 1500 words per student (30%)
- Online activities - 1500 words overall (40%)
Textbook information is pending.