Business Continuity Management Systems
Investigate the theory behind business continuity management. Explore societal factors that can impact businesses. Identify disaster recovery protocols.Highlight the systems that assess whether a firm is at risk from internal and external threats
Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Jul 2020
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate an advanced and integrated understanding of a complex body of knowledge that includes recent developments in business continuity and its application in professional practice
- investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established theories to the business continuity body of knowledge and practice
- generate and evaluate the justification and interpretation of theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions to a variety of audiences
- demonstrate theoretical knowledge and skills to apply creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice in the area of business continuity
- reflect critically on theory and professional practice or scholarship in the area of contemporary business continuity
- Business continuity management systems and concepts including Societal Factors and Business Impact Analysis
- Enterprise Risk Assessment
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Recovery Objectives
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject provides you with an advanced understanding of a complex body of knowledge that includes the understanding of recent developments in business continuity as applied in professional practice.
- Online activities (35%)
- Group assignment (1500 words pp) (35%)
- Reflective Report (1500 words) (30%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.