Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of this course students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
1. Summarise data graphically and numerically
2. Visualise statistical analysis of data sets using software.
3. Draw conclusions from the visualisation of data and number sets.
4. Apply data analysis techniques.
5. Calculate probabilities for discrete and continuous probability distributions.
6. Communicate an understanding of theoretical concepts in an oral presentation.
- Descriptive statistics, probability, discrete and continuous distributions.
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This course provides an introduction to statistical theory. It equips students with an understanding of statistical practices and data analysis techniques. It covers data analysis, probability, random variables and the use of statistical software.
Continuous Assessment - 50% Final Exam - 50%
- Written class test. (30%%)
- Oral presentation on Problems (20%%)
- Final Exam (50%%)