Designing a Pedagogical Action Research Project
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of this course students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
1. Critically evaluate pedagogical literature to support investigations into learning and teaching
2. Reflect on and investigate improvements in learning and teaching through action research
3. Critically analyse different methods of data collection and analysis
4. Identify ethical implications of learning and teaching research.
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning; methodological frameworks, research methods; ethics; preparing research ethics proposals.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
No additional requirements
Students will apply their knowledge and experience of learning and teaching to design a pedagogical action research project which aims to enhance student learning. The focus is likely to be at the course level, and might investigate a specific practice such as assessment, work integrated learning/professional placement or learning strategies or activities. The design will utilise an action research framework which will require students to consider a targeted intervention, and critically select the most appropriate social research methods and tools, to collect and interpret data. The learning from this course will be synthesised in a mock Research Proposal and Research Ethics Application.
Literature Review, Proposed Intervention and Central Research Question (30%) SWOT Analysis of Data Collection Methods (1000 words) (20%) Design of Data Collection Methods (1000 words) (20%) Research Proposal and Ethics Application (30%)
- Literature review proposed intervention and Central Research Question (30%)
- SWOT analysis of data collection methods (20%)
- Design of data collection instrument (20%)
- Research proposal and ethics application (30%)
Current study term: 24 Jul 22 to 28 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.