Your upfront cost: $0
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- describe how web servers and clients communicate via the use of the HTTP;
- apply stylistic features to enhance the presentation of information on web pages;
- develop dynamic web applications that interact with the Internet's infrastructure; and
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the issues of intellectual property, privacy, the history of the web and current issues related to web development.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
UNE-COSC101-Software Development Studio 1, or UNE-COSC110-Introduction to Programming and the UNIX Environment and UNE-COSC110-Introduction to Programming and the UNIX Environment, or UNE-COSC120-Object Oriented Programming ;
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
To enrol in this subject you will need to pass (UNE-COSC101 or UNE-COSC110) and (UNE-COSC110 or UNE-COSC120) subjects. Please note as UNE results are released after the close of enrolment date, your enrolment into this subject will be withdrawn if you do not receive a satisfactory result for(UNE-COSC101 or UNE-COSC110) and (UNE-COSC110 or UNE-COSC120).
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - Please refer students to link for requirements: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component.
- OtherDetails -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
The internet has changed the way people interact with, and think about computers. From online news to social networking sites the diversity of ways that we utilise the internet is immense yet how many people understand how this technology works and how to create a web page?
Assessment 1: 1500 words. Notes - 5 Online quizzes. 1500 words. All assessment tasks must be attempted. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3 , 4, 5, 6 Assessment 2: Programming task. All assessment tasks must be attempted. Relates to Learning Outcomes 2,3. Assessment 3: Programming task. All assessment tasks must be attempted. Relates to Learning Outcomes 2, 3, 4 Assessment 4: Web development project. All assessment tasks must be attempted. Relates to Learning Outcomes 2, 3, 5, 6 Final Examination: 2 hrs 15 mins. It is mandatory to pass this component in order to pass the unit. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. There is a supervised exam at the end of the teaching period in which you are enrolled. The exam will be offered online with supervision via webcam and screen sharing technology. Coordinated by UNE Exams Unit. UNE manages supervised exams associated with your UNE subjects. Prior to census date, UNE releases exam timetables. They’ll email important exam information directly to your UNE email address.
- Assessment 1 (10%)
- Assessment 2 (10%)
- Assessment 3 (15%)
- Assessment 4 (15%)
- Final Examination (50%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 24 Sep 21)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.