Quantitative Techniques for Management
Your upfront cost: $0
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
- 01 Mar 2021
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a professional understanding of the basic mathematical and statistical techniques needed for quantitative analysis;
- apply those techniques for solving complex management problems;
- apply tools to analyse and critically evaluate different types of management problems; and
- demonstrate an appreciation of the vast array of quantitative techniques that still remain unexplored.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
Candidature in the Graduate Certificate of Accounting or the Master of Professional Accounting.
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- TravelDetails - Travel may be required to attend the Final Examination for this subject.
- OtherDetails -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
Where calculators are permitted in examinations, it must be selected from an approved list, which can be accessed from the Further Information link below.
This subject deals with basic mathematics and statistics and their applications to management, business and economics. Students will be equipped with skills in Math and Statistics to solve real life issues .
Topics include: business mathematics; differentiation; optimisation; integration; matrix algebra; descriptive statistics; discrete probability distributions; continuous probability distributions; confidence intervals; hypothesis testing; regression; and correlation.
Mathematical and Statistical Exercises 1: Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3 Mathematical and Statistical Exercises 2: Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3 Mathematical and Statistical Exercises 3: Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4 Final Examination: 2 hrs 15 mins. Students must obtain at least 50% in the exam (and at least 50% overall) to receive a pass or better in the subject. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4 UNE manages supervised exams associated with your UNE subjects. Prior to census date, UNE releases exam timetables. They’ll email important exam information directly to your UNE email address.
- Mathematical and Statistical Exercises 1 (15%)
- Mathematical and Statistical Exercises 2 (15%)
- Mathematical and Statistical Exercises 3 (15%)
- Final Examination (55%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.