Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
- 01 Mar 2021
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a well-developed understanding of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and an advanced and integrated understanding of value creation in corporate firms in a sustainable way through long-term financial decisions;
- demonstrate expert knowledge of the techniques used to make long-term financial decisions and working capital decisions in corporate firms;
- use a range of cognitive, communication and research skills to investigate, analyse, synthesise and critically reflect on time value principles, valuation and risk return to solve complex problems;
- demonstrate a well-developed understanding of mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation and international finance; and
- work independently and/or collaboratively to plan and execute tasks to enhance professional knowledge and skills in the area of managerial finance.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
Students are expected to have a basic knowledge of accounting and quantitative methods. Candidature in the Graduate Certificate in Accounting or the Master of Professional Accounting. Students who have not recently completed Year 11 or 12 Maths or equivalent study should enrol in the tUNEup your Maths program that is offered by the Academic Skills Office before the start of the trimester. https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/resources/academic-skills/tuneup
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- TravelDetails - Travel may be required to attend the Final Examination for this subject.
- OtherDetails -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
Where calculators are permitted in examinations, it must be selected from an approved list, which can be accessed from the Further Information link below.
Managerial finance focuses on value creation in business organisations through long-term financial decisions. Financial theory and problem solving techniques that inform investment, financing, leverage and dividend decisions are covered.
Online Quiz 1: Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4 Online Quiz 2: Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3 Written Assignment: 2000 words (or equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Final Examination: 2 hrs 15 mins. Students must obtain at least 50% in the examination (and at least 50% overall) to receive a pass or better in the subject. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 UNE manages supervised exams associated with your UNE subjects. Prior to census date, UNE releases exam timetables. They’ll email important exam information directly to your UNE email address.
- Online Quiz 1 (10%)
- Online Quiz 2 (10%)
- Final Examination (60%)
- Written Assignment (20%)
Current study term: 28 Feb 21 to 28 May 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.