There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- demonstrate specialist knowledge of the theory and practice of the management accounting discipline and apply this to business-related problems;
- use a range of cognitive and communication skills to review critically, analyse, consolidate and synthesise relevant theories, concepts and information drawn from a range of sources in order to demonstrate critical thinking and judgement in solving complex business-related problems;
- work independently and/or collaboratively to plan and execute tasks to enhance professional knowledge and skills; and
- demonstrate the ability to recognise, reflect on, and respond appropriately to a range of ethical, social or environmental issues influencing the practice of business.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- TravelDetails - Travel may be required to attend the Final Examination for this subject.
- OtherDetails -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
This subjects enables students to become competent providers of management accounting information and analyses, including short-to-medium and long-term decision-making, in the context of planning and control functions in contemporary business organisations. The management accounting context includes manufacturing, retailing and the service sector for a range of organisational sizes. Case analysis of Problem-Based Learning is used extensively to cover management accounting areas of cost-volume-profit analyses, alternative costing systems, direct and indirect costs variance analyses and budgeting and performance evaluation.
Assignment 1: Statistical questions; 20%; LOs: 1, 2 and 4 Assignment 2: Statistical questions; 20%; LOs 1-4 Final Examination: Supervised; 60%; LOs 1-4; Students must obtain at least 50% in the exam (and 50% overall) to receive a pass or better in the subject. UNE manages supervised exams associated with your UNE subjects. Prior to census date, UNE releases exam timetables. They’ll email important exam information directly to your UNE email address.
- Assignment 1 (20%%)
- Assignment 2 (20%%)
- Final Examination (60%%)