Introduction to Modern Italian Literature and Culture
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- critically analyse intermediate literary texts;
- demonstrate knowledge of modern Italian literature and culture at an intermediate level;
- interpret and evaluate intermediate texts in the context of the socio-political situation in modern Italy; and
- apply intermediate-level language skills to the reading of modern Italian texts.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
Candidature in the Diploma in Modern Languages To enrol in this subject you will need to pass the Prerequisite/s. Please note as UNE results are released after the close of enrolment date, your enrolment into this subject will be withdrawn if you do not pass the prerequisite subject/s.
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- Other requirements -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
This subject complements the first year Italian language subjects UNE-ITAL101 and UNE-ITAL102; it is designed to introduce 20th-Century Italy to students of Italian through the study of Italian poetry, narrative, drama and cinema.
Assessment 1 Online Participation: 500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Assessment 2 Essay: 2000 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Assessment 3 Online Assessment: 1500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4
- Online Participation - Weekly basis (10%)
- Online Assessment - 4 online quizzes (50%)
Diploma in Modern Languages
- Chinese Language Major
- French Language Major
- German Language Major
- Indonesian Language Major
- Italian Language Major
- Japanese Language Major