German Language 2B
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 28 Jun 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- demonstrate increased accuracy in listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in German language at a lower-medium level;
- communicate with increasing autonomy in German at a lower-medium level with some depth and critical insight on everyday life and aspects of German society and culture, such as housing and money matters, media and technologies, the environment, and global challenges;
- apply extended knowledge of German cultural and social norms and German society; and
- use more developed cognitive skills to analyse and synthesise information when communicating at a lower-medium level.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
Candidature in the Diploma in Modern Languages To enrol in this subject you will need to pass the Prerequisite/s. Please note as UNE results are released after the close of enrolment date, your enrolment into this subject will be withdrawn if you do not pass the prerequisite subject/s.
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- Other requirements -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
This sunbect is designed for students who have passed the first trimester unit in intermediate German UNE-GRMN201. Lectures and tutorials are devoted to language extension and consolidation in all four skill areas (reading, listening, speaking and writing). In addition, students are familiarised with German society and culture in their reading.
Assessment 1 four online quizzes: 600 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1,3 Assessment 2 Portfolio: 2500 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Assessment 3 Take Home Exam: 2000 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4
- 4 online quizzes (each work 5%). Covering vocabulary, grammar, listening/reading comprehension. (20%)
- A collection of learner-centred, personally relevant tasks and activities that foster receptive and/or productive language skills. (50%)
- Take Home Exam - 2 hrs 30 mins (30%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 24 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Diploma in Modern Languages
- Chinese Language Major
- French Language Major
- German Language Major
- Indonesian Language Major
- Italian Language Major
- Japanese Language Major