Digital Learning - Innovative Pedagogies and Practice
Discover innovations in eLearning technology and pedagogy. Take an in-depth look at mobile learning, cloud computing, wearable technology, 3d printers, and the student pedagogy of teaching in virtual worlds, augmented reality and gamification.
Your upfront cost: $0
16 weeks weeks
- 25 Oct 2021
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- critically analyse the role that digital technologies can play in enhancing learning;
- justify the use of innovative digital technologies and practice based on relevant theories, research and evidenced-based practice;
- apply an advanced level of theoretical knowledge to critique innovations in digital technologies and associated pedagogies in education, training or workplace settings; and
- describe strategies using innovative digital technologies that can lead to improvements in motivation, engagement and retention.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
Candidature in the Graduate Certificate in eLearning.
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - Please refer students to link for requirements: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component.
This subject explores innovations in digital learning pedagogy and practice. It examines the affordances of a variety of innovative technologies such as mobile learning, cloud computing, wearable technology, virtual worlds, augmented reality and gamification. Practical strategies for the improvement of motivation, engagement and retention are also explored.
Formative Quizzes. 1125 words (or equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4 Summative Quizzes. 1875 words (or equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4 Negotiated Task. 4500 words (or equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4
- Formative Quizzes (15%)
- Summative Quizzes (25%)
- Negotiated Task (60%)
Current study term: 24 Oct 21 to 04 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.