Digital Learning - Innovative Pedagogies and Practice
Discover innovations in eLearning technology and pedagogy. Take an in-depth look at mobile learning, cloud computing, wearable technology, 3d printers, and the student pedagogy of teaching in virtual worlds, augmented reality and gamification.
Your upfront cost: $0
16 weeks weeks
- 28 Feb 2022
- 24 Oct 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- critically analyse the role that digital technologies can play in enhancing learning;
- justify the use of innovative digital technologies and practice based on relevant theories, research and evidenced-based practice;
- apply an advanced level of theoretical knowledge to critique innovations in digital technologies and associated pedagogies in education, training or workplace settings; and
- describe strategies using innovative digital technologies that can lead to improvements in motivation, engagement and retention.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
Candidature in the Graduate Certificate in eLearning.
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- Software requirements - Please refer students to link for requirements: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component.
Harnessing innovative digital technologies gives educators the power to create inspiring and challenging learning environments in education, training and workplace settings. Studying this subject will bolster your understanding of cutting-edge technologies such as mobile learning, cloud computing, wearable technology, virtual worlds, augmented reality, and gamification. You will explore practical strategies for using innovative digital technologies to improve students' motivation, engagement and retention of learning. Not only will you build skills in this fast-paced area, you will also gain hands-on experience using innovative technologies in your own learning. At UNE, we are industry leaders in providing online education that incorporates highly effective digital tools.
Formative Quizzes. 1125 words (or equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4 Summative Quizzes. 1875 words (or equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4 Negotiated Task. 4500 words (or equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4
- Formative Quizzes (15%)
- Summative Quizzes (25%)
- Negotiated Task (60%)
Current study term: 24 Oct 21 to 04 Feb 22
Textbooks are not required.
Next study term: 27 Feb 22 to 27 May 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.