Warning! This subjects requires on campus attendance. Refer to Special Requirements for more information.
- Plant anatomy - cells and tissues
- Plant anatomy - stem and root
- Plant anatomy - leaf
- Water relations - transpiration stream and control
- Water relations - cellular aspects, stress physiology
- Ionic relations - mineral nutrition, fertilisers, N and P cycles, ion uptake/transport
- Photosynthesis - light reactions, C3 plants
- Photosynthesis - C4/CAM plants, ecophysiology
- Phloem translocation
- Plant hormones and control of development (Auxins and GA)
- Plant hormones and control of development (ABA and Ethylene)
- Plant hormones and control of development (Cytokinin and Florigen)
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
No eligibility requirements
- AttendanceDetails - Mandatory Practicals of five half days in Melbourne
Please note: this subject is no longer offered in Study Period 1, and has been rescheduled in Study Period 2 instead.
Examine plant structure and function in this vocationally focused subject. You will review the morphology and anatomy of plants (how they are constructed), and the physiology of plants (how they work, in particular the processes of acquisition of water and ions, photosynthesis, and control of growth and development). Topics include: Morphology and anatomy of stems, roots and leaves; Water relations; Ionic relations; Nutrition; Photosynthesis; Translocation, Plant growth and development: and their relationships to plant ecology.
Please note the dates below for the compulsory requirements for this subject to attend laboratory classes at RMIT University's City Campus in central Melbourne:
2019, Study Period 2:
- Jun 17 - 21, 2019 2:00pm - 6:00pm*
*More details will be provided at the commencement of the relevant Study Period and available on Blackboard.
- Invigilated Theory Examination (50%)
- Mid Study Period Test (10%)
- Practical Report (30%)
- Online Test (10%)
Textbook information is pending.