Kickstart business projects with an eye for how they operate within the international economy.Look to the challenges and opportunities that the international monetary system presents. Find sustainable ways of dealing with finances on the world stage.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 14 Jul 2019
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- CLO1: Create a strategic project brief in an ethical sustainable manner using financial concepts and methodologies to provide solutions and recommendations for applications in a professional context
- CLO2: Apply interpersonal skills to work in teams and to communicate effectively with clients
- CLO3: Combine theoretical knowledge with practical application to identify, select and assess strategies with regards to various relevant organisational contexts
- CLO4: Apply and synthesise national and international business, finance, economic and analytical frameworks and techniques to address problems and opportunities
- CLO5: Critically reflect on your future career potential and lifelong learning.
- Introduction to International Finance
- The Foreign Exchange Market
- The International Monetary System
- Balance of Payments
- International Parity Conditions
- Foreign Exchange Rate Forecasting
- Foreign Exchange Exposure and Management
- International Portfolio Investment
- Foreign Direct Investment and Political Risk
- Multinational Capital Budgeting
- Multinational Tax Management and Subject Revision
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
In this subject, you will effectively research and manage a business project related to monetary systems and frameworks that meets a client’s needs. The subject draws on and integrates concepts from most of the other Master of Finance subjects which focus on specific areas of financial monetary funds and systems. The international economy plays an ever increasing role in finance and you will determine threats and opportunities while exploring determinants and implications while reviewing financial frameworks.
- Invigilated Exam - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (50%)
- Analysis Task - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (50%)
Textbook information is pending.