Question the processes that go into making investment and financing decisions. Look at the numbers behind corporate restructuring and capital budgeting. Adopt a financial manager’s perspective as you weigh up taxes and strategic corporate concerns.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 11 Nov 2019
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- CLO1: Apply the financial concepts and tools of corporate finance to the firm’s investment decisions, its opportunity cost of capital, factors affecting the valuation of bonds and stocks, as well as the firm’s capital budgeting and leasing decisions
- CLO2: Apply knowledge of corporate strategic decision making in the context of complex environments and competitive dynamics
- CLO3: Understand the nature of leverage and the constraints borrowers face in its use
- CLO4: Determine the natures of dividend policy and assess various dividend models
- CLO5: Understand the motivation and procedures for mergers and acquisitions
- CLO6: Apply financial knowledge to real problems in business and recognise the practical difficulties in applying the theory.
- Corporate Finance and the Theory of Firm
- Capital Budgeting 1: Principles and Methods
- Capital Budgeting 2: The Application of Valuation Methods
- Dividend Policy
- Capital Structure Decision
- Cost of Capital
- Corporate Acquisition
- Corporate Restructuring
- Pension Plans
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
The subject builds on the concept of net present value so as to account for uncertainty, taxes and strategic concerns before using these concepts to analyse financing and investment decisions from the perspective of financial managers. You will develop the basic framework for decision-making and you will investigate the theories of corporate finance, the analytical techniques used to value assets, and various aspects of the financial markets. In this context, this subject will explore the relationship between the investment and financing decisions, with particular emphasis on capital budgeting, dividend policy, capital structure, leasing decision and corporate acquisition.
- Quizzes - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (30%)
- Project - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 4,6 (20%)
- Invigilated Exam - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (50%)
Textbook information is pending.