- Competence and compellability
- Examination of witnesses
- Character and credibility of the accused
- Tendency / co-incidence evidence
- Opinion Evidence
- Right to silence / Admissions
- Illegally or improperly obtained evidence
- Audio-Video streaming
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject examines legal issues arising from the application of the rules of evidence, and considers the introduction of uniform evidence laws in Australia, with a particular focus on Victoria. The subject includes a moot where you will engage with advocacy skills, work in teams and reflect on legal practice.
This subject provides you with a capstone experience, which will give you the opportunity to integrate, critically reflect on and consolidate what you have learnt in your program.
- Memo of Advice (25%)
- Open Book Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Moot Court (25%)
Textbook information is pending.