- Introduction to Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure
- The Criminal Process: investigation, arrest and sentencing
- The Criminal Process: bail, pre-trial, trial and appeal procedures
- Sexual Offences
- Theft and other Property Offences
- Review and revision
- Audio-Video streaming
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject is an examination of the principles and elements of the criminal law. The subject examines the requirements for criminal liabiliity, the offences of homicide and assault, sexual offences, property offences, the law of attempts and complicity in crime, criminal defences and procedural aspects of the criminal law. Students will develop an appreciation of the substantive criminal law and procedural aspects such as classification of offences, process to compel appearance, bail, preliminary examination and trial of indictable offences.
- Discussion Board (30%)
- Brief to counsel (20%)
- Open Book Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.