Warning! This subjects requires on campus attendance. Refer to Special Requirements for more information.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this unit will be provided in your study materials.
Do not enrol in this subject if you have completed OMBA600.
- AttendanceDetails - Attendance for the 4-day intensive is compulsory, plus another 1-day presentation.
This degree is designed to enable you to demonstrate a globally applicable understanding of design thinking and leverage designerly, work-ready skills in business contexts. The ability to think and act with a designerly perspective is a critical success factor for firms. For this purpose, the degree will enhance your capability to understand and manage the principles, tools and implications of design thinking for business. Through a mix of academic and practical work, you will learn what design thinking with its holistic focus on human experiences means for business and its consequences for organisational design and customer experience design. You will be challenged to creatively and critically reflect on business problems and opportunities applying a design thinking approach, and thereby explore, evaluate and even critique the design thinking solutions of others. Design thinking will help you empathise with and then connect external with internal business contexts and stakeholders. In doing so, you learn to leverage design thinking’s power in improving and innovating business and life conditions. Going beyond the innovation process, this degree takes a particularly strategic perspective on design thinking so as to help organisations capitalise on the benefits of designerly sense-making, decision-making and action-taking for sustainable and socially responsible business success.
This subject requires on-campus attendance in Melbourne. Attendance for the 1-day Orientation, 4-day Intensive and 1-day Presentation is compulsory.
- Orientation: Thursday 15 March 5:30 PM to 8 PM, in Building 13, level 3, room 007 (attendance at the welcome event is not compulsory).
- Intensive: Friday 16 - Monday 19 March 8:30am - 5:30pm, Room: 013.03.013
- Mon 19/3 finishes at 12:30pm
- Plus a 1 day presentation session, date TBA
- Assignment 1 - Industry Partner Project (100%)