Australian Company Law
Delve into the law of corporations. Understand the difference between businesses and companies, and study regulations, incorporation and its implications, governance, shareholders' rights and remedies, directors’ rights and duties and insolvency.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 01 Mar 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced and integrated understanding of corporate law.
- Analyse and research complex problems relating to corporate law and make reasoned and appropriate choices amongst alternatives.
- Demonstrate sophisticated cognitive and creative skills in approaching legal issues relating to corporate law and generate appropriate responses.
- Show effective, appropriate and persuasive communication skills for a professional audience.
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No special requirements
This subject is an examination of the law of corporations. It begins with an overview of various business organisations and then focuses exclusively on companies. The subject covers the corporate regulatory system, incorporation and its implications, corporate organs and corporate governance, directors’ rights and duties, shareholders’ rights and remedies, and insolvency.
- Assessment Task 1 (10%)
- Assessment Task 2 (40%)
- Open Book Invigilated Exam (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.