- Introduction to takeovers
- Takeover bids
- The Takeovers Panel & ASIC
- Schemes of arrangement
- Directors' duties
- Audio-Video streaming
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- RMI-OJD210-Australian Company Law
- RMI-OJD110-Introduction to the Australian Legal System and Legal Methods
No special requirements
This subject examines the statutory regime for mergers between and acquisitions of publicly listed companies in Australia. Specific areas of study include the regime set out in the Corporations Act, the processes by which a merger or acquisition can occur; the requirements for a valid takeover bid, methods for defending a hostile takeover bid, schemes of arrangement, the role of the Takeovers Panel and ASIC and the duties owed by directors of companies involved in a takeover.
- Assessments (50%)
- Open Book Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.