Software Development Frameworks
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of the subject you should be able to:
- demonstrate fluency in a contemporary programming language and software development framework
- implement and document an object-oriented programming solution using object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- evaluate and demonstrate the theory and concepts of contemporary/ industry standards programming and design in the software development life cycle
- demonstrate awareness of industry standards of software development
- critically appraise the use of various software development frameworks.
- Common Language Runtime
- .NET Framework Class Library
- C# and other .NET languages
- Application packaging and deployment
- History and background of .NET and its relationship with J2EE
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:and
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in this area, eg from studying related Level 1 and 2 subjects.
No additional requirements
This unit aims to provide a general understanding of software development frameworks, and the practical experience and skills in using an important software development framework, with an emphasis on language interoperability, platform independence and software reuse using Microsoft .NET Framework.
Please Note: All students studying at Murdoch University will need to complete the compulsory unit, Murdoch Academic Passport (MAP100), which only takes 2-3 hours to complete online. Find out more: http://goto.murdoch.edu.au/MurdochAcademicPassport.
Your final grade for the unit will be reported as a letter grade and a mark. In order to pass the unit you must: 1) have an aggregate score for the combined assessment of 50% or better, and 2) achieve a satisfactory performance in the supervised component, which is the final examination. A satisfactory performance is normally considered to be 50% or higher.
- Timed Online Exam (40%)
- Exercise Questions (10%)
- Report 1 (20%)
- Report 2 (30%)