Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
This research-based university in Perth has a strong interdisciplinary focus and a reputation for outstanding teaching and ground-breaking research. With more than 23,000 students and 2,000 staff from over 90 countries, and campuses in Dubai and Singapore, Murdoch embraces free thinking, shared ideas and knowledge to make a difference, and Open Universities Australia is certainly part of that.
Learn more about Murdoch.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On successful completion of the subject you should be able to:
- Communicate an understanding of the importance of an effective clinical governance framework for patient safety and quality patient outcomes
- Discuss and analyse the links between effective governance and the four domains of patient safety and quality
- Evaluate the systems and processes to maintain and monitor patient outcomes within each of the four domains of patient safety and quality
- Discuss and analyse the drivers and barriers for the implementation of effective clinical and corporate governance frameworks
- Clinical Governance Overview
- Consumer Participation
- Clinical Effectiveness
- Effective Workforce
- Clinical Risk Management
- Drivers and Barriers to Implementing Effective Governance
Enrolment in a graduate degree.
- Other requirements - Murdoch University students should also note that Clinical and Corporate Governance (NUR641) is considered academically equivalent and therefore you should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed NUR641.
This subject is designed to foster knowledge of concepts, frameworks and practices of clinical and corporate governance, and an understanding of their application in health care settings. The integral links between an effective clinical and corporate governance framework and the four domains of patient safety and quality (consumer participation, clinical effectiveness, effective workforce and risk management) will be explored. The drivers and barriers to the implementation of effective governance within healthcare organisations will also be investigated.
Please Note: All students studying at Murdoch University will need to complete the compulsory unit, Murdoch Academic Passport (MAP100), which only takes 2-3 hours to complete online. Find out more: http://goto.murdoch.edu.au/MurdochAcademicPassport.
Assessment in this subject is used to provide opportunity for students to demonstrate knowledge and understanding, analysis and evaluation skills, and critical reflection and application of theoretical concepts to practice. Additionally, these assessments allow students to further develop academic and professional communication skills. Detailed feedback is provided on all assessments in addition to the marking rubrics to facilitate student learning and achievement of subject learning outcomes.
- Multiple Choice Quizzes - Module 1, 2, 5, 6 (40%)
- Online Discussion Board - Module 3 and 5 (30%)
- Written Report (30%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 24 Jun 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.