Postgraduate | MUR-SHP603 | 2023
Applied Health Services Project
- Study method
- 100% online
- 100% online
- Entry requirements
- Part of a degree
- 15 weeks
- 27 Feb 2023,
- 31 July 2023
About this subject
On successful completion of the subject you should be able to:
- develop an in–depth knowledge and critical appreciation of the existing research literature and current practice in relation to the chosen area of your research/project
- plan and execute a substantial research-based project
- demonstrate technical and communication skills that reflect knowledge and expertise in the specialist area of practice
- deliver a presentation of the project findings to the school research seminar presentations
- provide a report in the form of either a journal article for project students or an organisational report for internship students.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
Students will undertake a project in the area of either health management, quality, risk, clinical or corporate governance. This may be either conducted in a health industry placement under the supervision of the lecturer and nominated preceptor or undertaken as a research project in a relevant coursework area that the student has selected. Project findings will be reported in either a journal article format or industry report and be presented to either peers and/or members of the host organisation.
Please Note: All students studying at Murdoch University will need to complete the compulsory unit, Murdoch Academic Passport (MAP100), which only takes 2-3 hours to complete online. Find out more: http://goto.murdoch.edu.au/MurdochAcademicPassport.
Supervisors will provide regular feedback on written work during all phases of the project to facilitate student learning and achievement of subject outcomes.
The completed project will be submitted as a journal article for publication into an appropriate Journal of your choice or as an organisational report if required by the host industry organisation (structure and referencing format to be guided by the chosen Journal) (5,000 words).
- Project Outline/Research Proposal (30%)
- Oral Presentation of Project Findings (10%)
- Journal Article/Organisational Report (60%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
This research-based university in Perth has a strong interdisciplinary focus and a reputation for outstanding teaching and ground-breaking research. With more than 25,000 students and 2,400 staff from over 90 countries, and campuses in Dubai and Singapore, Murdoch embraces free thinking, shared ideas and knowledge to make a difference, and Open Universities Australia is certainly part of that.
Learn more about Murdoch.
Explore Murdoch courses.
- QS Ranking 2023:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2023:
Part of a degree
To enrol in this subject you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- MUR-HCM-MAS-2023 - Master of Health Care Management
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No additional requirements
This is in the range of 20 to 24 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.
Once you’ve completed this subject it can be credited towards one of the following degrees