Research for Creative Writing
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to
- Analyse and evaluate different readerships and audiences for specific genres of writing..
- Locate and appropriately document scholarly and professional industry research relevant to the genre of writing.
- Use advanced critical thinking and writing skills to devise and produce a work of critical research.
- Communicate the value and significance of the research.
- Reflect upon how research applies to your own creative writing practice.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
Admission to Master of Creative Writing. NCCW (pre-2020 units) LIT809
No additional requirements
This unit offers students the opportunity to develop a research project based on specific genres of creative writing and to reflect on how this affects their own creative practice. Students will have the opportunity to read and analyse different genres and to research current scholarship and publishing trends in these genres. Working independently, students will hone their critical research, writing, and presentation skills. By the end of this unit, students will gain a critical understanding of the contemporary academic and professional contexts of their own writing.
- Critical Writing (40%)
- Research proposal and plan (20%)
- Particpatory tasks (10%)
- State of the genre report (30%)