- Introduction to the unit
- Pre-schoolers CAN be mathematicians and do Chemistry planning for meaningful MST learning with young learners
- Mathematics: number: more than just counting. Numeracy: numeracy, not number!
- Mathematics: patterning: foundation of mathematics & data exploration
- Mathematics: measurement and early geometry
- Pedagogy, planning and practice: intentional teaching vs teachable moments
- ICT: historical concerns compared to current research of young children's learning with technology
- ICT: home and pre-school, early years, what does current practice look like?
- ICT: technological play and touch technologies
- Science: meaningful learning in earth science and environmental education
- Science: meaningful learning with space science and living things
- Science: meaningful learning in chemistry and physics
- Reflecting on learning
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Interactive Games
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
MAQ-ECHX600-Early Childhood Philosophy and Pedagogy , or MAQ-ECEX600
- OtherDetails -
Access to a digital camera, or mobile phone or tablet with camera capability. Basic computer tools such as Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
This subject was previously known as ECEX827 Learning Through Mathematics, Science and Technology in Early Childhood Settings.
This subject explores theories of learning in mathematics, science and technology for young children (birth to five years). Students will examine the specialist role of play and conceptual development in a range of early childhood settings. Current issues in research and practice will be investigated through independent study. Students acquire autonomy and expert knowledge of pedagogy and content for mathematics, science and technology as they design and evaluate learning experiences for young children.
- Assignment 1 (30%)
- Assignment 2 (20%)
- Assignment 3 (50%)
Textbook information is pending.