- Welcome and Introduction
- EC Philosophy & pedagogy 1 -3
- Pedagogy in practice 1 -6
- Pedagogy within community contexts
- Reflection & evaluation
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
Admission to Master of Teaching (Birth to Five Years)
- OtherDetails -
- EBook 1-Mia Mia Child & Family Study Centre. (2013). The language of three things: Lids, gumnuts and cups. Sydney: Macquarie University. EBook 2 - Mia Mia Child & Family Study Centre. (2014).A glimpse into an early childhood learning environment: Mia Mia. Sydney: Macquarie University. Ebooks can be purchased from Mia Mia Child & Family Study Centre. Complete order form located on http://www.iec.mq.edu.au/research/mia_mia/publications_and_resources/ and email: firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order.
- Access to a digital camera, or mobile phone or tablet with camera capability. Basic computer tools such as Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
This subject was previously known as ECEX600 Early Childhood Philosophy and Pedagogy.
This subject introduces students to the philosophical and pedagogical approaches in the field of early childhood education. Students explore the multifaceted role of an early childhood teacher through consideration of major approaches to early childhood education and participation in eight half-day field visits to an early childhood setting catering for children from birth to five years. The subject provides students with the opportunity to develop a critical understanding of: i) current philosophical and theoretical approaches to early childhood education; ii) the centrality of play, social interaction and relationships as a basis for early childhood curriculum; and iii) their own identity as early childhood educators. Overall, it aims to provide students with a crucial framework for developing professional teaching practice and for their future studies in early childhood.
- Assignment 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 (40%)
- Assignment 3 (40%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more: