Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
Early Childhood Professional Practice 2
Build on the theory, knowledge and practice that you gained in Early Childhood Professional Practice 1 by completing a 20-day placement. Develop an awareness of a teacher’s responsibilities when working with children from 2-5 years.
Your upfront cost: $0
Online and other materials
- 22 Feb 2021
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the link between theory, the Early Years Learning Framework (DEEWR, 2009) and planning for children 2-5 years
- Systematically document and critically analyse the pedagogies and practice of teaching and learning, including ways to guide children's behaviour
- Demonstrate the capacity to articulate a personal philosophy of professional practice as a teacher of young children;
- Critically examine ideas, issues and principles connected with professional decision-making as a teacher in an early childhood setting;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the reflective practitioner.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics in this unit will be provided in the study materials.
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
NCCW (pre-2020 units) ECED825, ECEX825, ECHX825 Pre-requisite 20 cp at 8000 level and ECHX603 or ECEX603 or ECHX6030 and Admission to MTeach(0-5) NCCW ECHE8250 Early Childhood Professional Practice 2
- PlacementDetails - Includes a 20 day professional experience placement component.
- OtherDetails -
Students who have an Academic Standing of Suspension or Exclusion under Macquarie University's Academic Progression Policy are not permitted to enrol in OUA units offered by Macquarie University. Students with an Academic Standing of Suspension or Exclusion who have enrolled in units through OUA will be withdrawn.
This subject was previously known as ECHX825 Early Childhood Professional Practice 2.
In this subject you will build on the knowledge of early childhood theory and practice that gained from their experiences in ECHX603/ECHX6030. Early Childhood Professional Practice 1 . You will extend your understanding of critical reflection and your personal professional philosophy as a developing teacher. Central to this subject is a 20 day professional experience placement where you will develop your awareness of the professional role and responsibilities of an early childhood teacher working with children from two to five years. This subject therefore combines theory and practice to enable you to construct your practical knowledge of teaching and learning through guided reflection.
- Newsletter (40%)
- Professional Expereince Documentation (60%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.