Capstone in Ancient History and Archaeology
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Jul 2021
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion you will be able to
- acquire knowledge of historical developments and historiography relevant to chosen topic
- demonstrate skill in evaluating ancient source material and modern interpretations of that source material at an advanced level
- formulate arguments and express ideas at an advanced level
- develop sophisticated research skills and an ability to manage an extended research and writing project
- reflect upon the process of research and on scholarly debates
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
Admission to Bachelor of Arts and completion of 130 cps at 1000 level or above
No special requirements
Students will undertake extended research on a topic arising from an AHIS unit which they have previously completed, and produce a research project which will be presented orally at a unit mini-conference and as a written paper (2500-3000 words). In preparation for the larger research project students will submit an annotated bibliography and research plan together with a review of a book relevant to the project. Students must contact the unit convenor by the first week of the session to obtain approval for their topic.
- Oral presentation (10%)
- Book review (20%)
- Annotated Bibliography (30%)
- Research paper (40%)
Current study term: 25 Jul 21 to 05 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Arts
- Major in English
- Major in Ancient History
- Major in Modern History
- Major in Philosophy
- Major in Politics
- Major in Sociology
- Major in Creative Writing
- Major in Indigenous Studies
- Major in International Relations
- Major in Applied Ethics