Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
Understanding Culturally Diverse Learning and Development
Your upfront cost: $0
Online & on-campus
- 05 Sep 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
- Understand the need for different theoretical perspectives for different contexts of children's development.
- Demonstrate understanding of a range of contemporary theories to analyse children's learning and development in socially, culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- Demonstrate research informed practices of critiquing contemporary theories of child development to understand children's learning and development in socially, culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- • What is Learning and Development?
- • Engaging with Complexity - World Views, meaning making and knowledge creation.
- • Challenging Assumptions - Considering alternative perspectives about children's learning and development
- • Teaching and Learning in Diverse Education Contexts
Prerequisites: Students must be admitted into the following course: EBECEO
- Placement requirements - Professional Placement - (10 days birth to 2 years) Hurdle requirement: 10 DAYS placement is compulsory as this is an accreditation requirement.
This subject examines early childhood education in socially, culturally and linguistically diverse communities. You will learn to use theory to analyse learning and development in contemporary early childhood education and how to think critically about child development. This subject has 10 days professional expenses placement in a birth to two age group.
- Critical Reading Response (Approx 2000 words) (50%)
- Play Event (2000 words) (50%)
- Professional Placement - (10 days birth to 2 years) Hurdle requirement: 10 DAYS placement is compulsory as this is an accreditation requirement. (0%)
Current study term: 04 Sep 22 to 14 Oct 22
Textbook information is pending.