Teacher as Researcher 2: Research Project
Your upfront cost: $0
- 24 Apr 2023
- 18 Sep 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 38,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
Explore La Trobe courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Design and present an overview of a small scale teacher research proposal focused on enhancing practice.
- Ethical generation of data and systematic analysis of its importance.
- Critical reflection and analysis of how educational research supports professional learning.
- Design, implement and report on a small scale teacher research project focused on enhancing practice
- • Orientation.
- • Research in action.
- • Organising your data.
- • Explaining your research.
- • Drawing conclusions.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No additional requirements
In this subject you will design, implement and report on a small scale teacher research project that is aimed at enhancing practice. You will engage in critical reflection and analysis of how educational research can enhance professional practice.
- Part A: Research Findings Diagnostic task (200 words equivalent) (10%). This assessment task will be undertaken within the first 2 weeks of the term. Part B: Research Findings (1800 words equivalent) (40%) (50%)
- Research report (2000 words). (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).