Teacher as a Researcher 1 - Research Method
Your upfront cost: $0
- 24 Apr 2023
- 31 Jul 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 38,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
Explore La Trobe courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Analyse and explain the value of teacher inquiry for enhancing professional practice about teaching and learning.
- Evaluate the rationale, principles and design of educational research.
- Utilise critical approaches to understand and analyse educational research to account for research results.
- • Research, reflective practice and you.
- • Developing your research focus.
- • Developing a research plan.
- • Authentic data collection.
Prerequisites: Students must be admitted in the following course: EBECEO.
No additional requirements
In this subject you will explore and assess approaches to educational research including teacher inquiry to assist in identifying a research topic and undertaking a literature review. You will analyse aspects of and issues connected to educational research in preparation for a research project to be undertaken in EDU4TR2 Teachers as Researchers 2.
- Part A: Literature Review Diagnostic task (Approx.200 words) (10%). This assessment task will be undertaken within the first 2 weeks of the term. Part B: Literature Review (Approx.1800 words) (40%) (50%)
- Research plan (Approx. 2000 words). (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).