Nutrition Research Minor Project
Your upfront cost: $0
- 01 Mar 2021
- 30 Aug 2021
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 33,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- critically appraise the literature related to project area;
- design and implement a data collection tool, and gain practical skills in data collection;
- demonstrate understanding of and apply the principles of ethical conduct of research;
- analyse and interpret data using simple statistical techniques;
- develop practical experience in communicating research findings at a level appropriate for peers and key stakeholders;
- demonstrate the ability to communicate research findings in a scientific manner in the format of an original paper or review.
- Project management skills development
- Conducting literature searches
- Reviewing research methodologies
- Understanding ethics
- Recruitment strategies
- Data collection tool development
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Importance of science communications
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation you will be permitted to enrol in this subject, however you should withdraw your enrolment, or it will be withdrawn on your behalf, if you are unsuccessful in passing the prerequisite subject once results are released.
- OtherDetails - This subject is offered via Open Universities Australia, late enrolments are generally not permitted past the published close of application date for the study period. For students not enrolled in the prerequisite courses, you may be able to undertake these subjects with approval of your home course coordinator, please contact ASK La Trobe for assistance.
Please note: this subject was previously known as Nutrition Project.
In this subject students will undertake a small research project in nutrition that can be undertaken individually or as part of a group project, where individual objectives for the student’s project are met. The project will provide students with experience and skills in project management, data collection, data analysis and interpretation, critical analysis, and preparation of a scientific report. Students are expected to complete on-line modules, work independently in self-directed learning, and meet regularly with their project supervisor.
- 5-min multimedia presentation (250 words equivalent) (15%)
- Final project report (2500 words) (60%)
- Research Proposal – 1000 words (25%)
Current study term: 28 Feb 21 to 30 May 21)
Textbook information is pending.
Next study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Textbook information is pending.