Market, Audience and Social Research
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 27 Feb 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Identify marketing problems and translate them into research questions for marketing in the context of business.
- Write a marketing research proposal for business organisations.
- Write a questionnaire for organisations in the context of business.
- Prepare a report presenting research findings and recommendations for business organisations.
- Apply SPSS program for marketing in the context of business.
- • Market research process
- • Secondary data
- • Observation data
- • Qualitative and quantitative data
- • Qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- • Testing hypothesis
- • Questionnaire design
- • Testing for differences
- • Sampling methods
- • Descriptive statistics
- • Testing for association
- • Predictive analysis
- • Reliability analysis
- • Results and presentation
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Past La Trobe University students who have previously completed MKT2MRE (Market, Audience and Social Research) are ineligible to enrol in this subject.
No additional requirements
Business managers request, assess, purchase and use marketing research to make a wide number of informed decisions. You will come to understand what marketing research can provide, what research methods are appropriate for different types of problems, and how results should be interpreted. The aim of this subject is to give you the knowledge and skills, as either a future business manager or a marketing research practitioner, to make intelligent decisions in your specification, evaluation, and application of marketing research in the digital era.
- 2-hour Final Examination. (50%)
- Weekly SPSS tutorial exercises Each student will have to complete the exercise every week. (broadly equivalent to 250 words per student). (10%)
- Ongoing Individual Data Collection and Data Entry exercise Each student will have to collect and enter the data into SPSS (broadly equivalent to 250 words per student). (10%)
- Team Research Proposal Team based. 2-3 students per team/1,000-words per student. (10%)
- Team Research Report with Findings and Recommendations Team-based, 2-3 students per team/1,500 words per student. (20%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 26 May 23
Textbook information is pending.