Your upfront cost: $0
- 31 Jul 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Develop analytics including leadership and teamwork skills in various aspects of change management.
- Design change management plans to ensure successful transition of change, particularly through the lens of a data-driven change initiative.
- Make judgements through effective defence of the evaluation, appraisal and critique of the change strategy plan to stakeholders.
- Develop a business case for change.
- • Trends in digital transformation and data analytics.
- • Change management in data-driven organisations.
- • Building AI and data products.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Prerequisites: BUS2SMV and completion of at least 180 credit points.
No additional requirements
As disruption becomes increasingly common within businesses, this subject will enable you to apply the technical and business skills you have acquired to effectively lead and manage change within organisations. First, you will learn to create a business case for change and utilise soft skills to manage change, including the application of negotiation and influencing skills supported by data and analytics. You will learn about implementing technological change through the lens of data analytics, with a focus on staging changes to ensure success. You will also learn how change can be managed on an on-going basis to ensure long term returns on investment.
- Report on aspects of digital leadership and disruption traits (1500-words). Individual Assignment. (30%)
- Business case analysis (2,000-word report) Business case to outline a plan to ensure successful deployment of new disruptive initiatives. (40%)
- Change Management pitch (group presentation, 1,000-word equivalent per student) Convince peers and instructor of a change, e.g., shark tank style. 3-4 members per group, 15 minute presentation. (30%)
Current study term: 30 Jul 23 to 27 Oct 23
Textbook information is pending.