Social Media and Visualisation
Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Explain the role of social media in a customer-focused environment of modern businesses.
- Demonstrate how social media, using visualisation and data story telling, can be used to engage the customer effectively.
- Analyse and communicate the implication of new technological developments that can become agents of disruption to businesses.
- Design effective social media campaigns and apply appropriate data story telling through visualisation for a given business problem.
- • Social media strategy and auditing.
- • Social media marketing plan.
- • Social media content.
- • Using Tableau for data visualisation.
- • Tableau in action.
Prerequisites: Must have completed 60cps of Level 1 subjects OR BUS1DIB
No additional requirements
Unlike many traditional business models which are product-centric or focused, the modern businesses of today are very much customer-oriented. A consequence of being customer-oriented is the need for businesses to engage positively, proactively and effectively on social media and be good at creating a strong narrative for the products or services that the business offers. In this subject, you will learn about the role that social media plays, taking a data analytics view of social media and its role to building brand equity. You will also investigate various storytelling techniques and tools, including effective creation of slide decks, and use of infographics and dashboards to engage consumers. Lastly, you will be introduced to the new developments poised to disrupt businesses, gaining an appreciation and understanding of how to manage these disruptors within the organisational structure as well as in the customer-facing aspects of the business.
- 15% for In-class workshop submissions. 15% for Google analytics and Hootsuite certifications (Total 1,000-word equivalent) (30%)
- Develop a social media campaign strategy for a given business problem 2000-word individual report. (40%)
- Story telling through the creation of a video/slide deck containing suitable visualisation (1,500-word report equivalence). Individual presentation. (30%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 26 May 23
Textbook information is pending.